At Baxter Lawley Communications, we specialise in providing international businesses with intelligent English-language content, tailored to their audience, across a full range of media – from articles, newsletters and reports to websites, speeches and beyond.
We are looking for one or two experienced business writers to join our growing team of copywriters and communication specialists at our offices in The Hague.
As a member of our team, your bottom-line, core responsibility will be to support our clients with their communication. This involves not only writing, editing and proofreading English-language content, but also guiding, advising and helping to shape our clients’ communications strategy.
Above all, you will work closely with both technical experts and communication managers to develop English-language communication materials. You will need to understand how to effectively communicate the key messages to a specific stakeholder group – whether that’s employees within a company, a community of experts or investors, or the general public.
Our clients are involved in a wide range of sectors – from technology and science to finance, food and drink, and beyond – so the ability to quickly and confidently understand technical subjects from various fields is key. On a typical day, you could write a press release on powder paint technology, edit a white paper on futureproofing cryptocurrency platforms, and interview an expert on the key trends in the airfreight industry.
- A hands-on, no-bullshit attitude
- Strong academic background, preferably with a master’s degree or higher
- Native speaker of English, with a good level of understanding in at least one other language (ideally Dutch)
- Good understanding of the international business landscape
- Be a team player that is willing to go above and beyond, delivering great work while meeting tight deadlines
- Have a valid work permit for the Netherlands
- Professional experience in a related field, including journalism, corporate communications, written content creation, or public relations is a bonus
We offer the opportunity to be part of a fast-paced, intellectually stimulating work environment at the cutting edge of business communications. We work only with clients that are, in their unique way, having an exciting and positive impact on the world; their success will be your success too. And, of course, we offer a competitive compensation package with a personal development budget.
To apply, please send a copy of your CV as well as a covering letter to email@example.com by 31 July.